Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Playing catchup

Now that I finally have a working computer (other than my daughter's laptop, which didn't have my software on there), I can get back to updating things fairly regularly. Note the word, "fairly." I never was too regular to begin with.

My plan continues to make progress but needs tweaking, since I've accomplished nothing on the "Step" portion for the first two weeks. I was, however, able to finish last weekend's "Complete" project, which was to reseal the kitchen granite countertops. And I completed another project from start to finish, one that wasn't even on my plan. It wasn't a choice--I had to do it since it was a birthday present for the daughter this week. It was a sewing project--a full-form apron. So while I was able to do it in a long afternoon, it did take time away from working on the step project--that bedroom shelf.

I'm counting on this weekend to get caught up. My "complete" project is shorter this weekend, so that should help.

As an aside, tonight I went to the 7th grade teacher curriculum meeting for parents. The science teacher was discussing projects the kids would be making at home and said, "Of course, not everyone's will look the same. Some kids have dads with workshops and can have access to bolts, screws, and the like. Others have parents who like to sew."

Well, at least he didn't just say "moms" who like to sew. I started to object to the dads' workshop line, but I thought better of it. Not a good way to start off your relationship with your kid's teacher :-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Hit Counter