Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wahoo!

It worked--so far, anyway. Today, I was able to finish my "complete" project for this weekend! And I had a little fun, too.

The kitchen valances took longer than expected, of course. I spent over an hour just hanging the two rods! (Nothing in this house is level.) And while I thought I had already cut out all the fabric, I was wrong. (Give me a break; it's been a year since I did anything with this project. How can I remember?) Since I was doing this without a pattern, it took me a while to cut it exactly how I wanted it. But I'm done now, and I think they look just fine.

Unfortunately, completing this task reminded me of something else I had forgotten--I had bought extra fabric in order to make chair cushions for the 4 kitchen chairs. And that project isn't on my 6-month plan--yet. I'll have to make some adjustments to fit it in. Maybe one of my other projects will be done in record time, freeing up some extra hours for the cushions. I can dream, can't I?

Tomorrow, it's the "step" task, which is cutting the shelf ends. In between church and cutting the yard, my husband and I will do that.

Then it's off to shop for school supplies. For some reason, I don't think that will qualify as "fun."

1 Comments:

Blogger RJB said...

Where was your fun?

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Hit Counter